top of page
  • Writer's pictureThe MRR Connection Team

Adapted Housing Grants for disabled veterans

Servicemembers and Veterans with a permanent and total service-connected disability may be eligible for a Specially Adapted Housing grant (SAH) or a Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) grant.

The Adapted Housing grants focus on assisting disabled veterans find, construct or adapt a home to their needs so that they can live comfortably.

Here's just a few things these grants could be used for:

  • Construct a specially adapted home on land to be acquired

  • Build a home on land already owned if it is suitable for specially adapted housing

  • Remodel an existing home if it can be made suitable for specially adapted housing

  • Apply the grant against the unpaid principal mortgage balance of an adapted home already acquired without the assistance of a VA grant

  • Adapt an existing home the Veteran or a family member already owns in which the Veteran lives

  • Adapt a home the Veteran or family member intends to purchase in which the Veteran will live

  • Help a Veteran purchase a home already adapted in which the Veteran will live

Let's help spread the word about these awesome programs for the people who protect our country, by sharing this post or directing them to the information below!

If you are a disabled veteran and would like more info on these grants please feel free to email us at or visit

32 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page